The whole history of human development is connected with measurements. Height, weight, volume, temperature - these are the bricks from which a single measurement system began to take shape.
Fundamental standards such as measures of weight, volume and length have existed since the dawn of civilization and have been key to ensuring production and trade.
During excavations in ancient Polotsk, in addition to various objects of labor and household items, weights and jewelry scales were discovered. The finds date back to the 11th century.
And this means that even then there were standard measures that helped people to properly manage their household, trade, navigate the complex world of human relations
A century passed by, life became more and more complex and varied. The measurement system was improved.
In the modern world, all life processes, trade, the results of all scientific developments and achievements, the assessment of the quality and conformity of products, the protection of human life and health, the protection and protection of the environment are based on the measurement results. And this is a considerable merit of the Gosstandart system, in particular, the Republican Unitary Enterprise "Polotsk Center for Standardization, Metrology and Certification", which functions as the territorial body of the Gosstandart for standardization, metrology and certification in the cities of Novopolotsk, Polotsk and 10 adjacent districts: Polotsk, Braslavsky, Verkhnedvinsky. Gluboksky, Dokshitsky, Miorsky, Sharkovschinsky, Rossonsky, Postavsky, Ushachsky.
Until 1926, in the Vitebsk province, which included the city of Polotsk, there was a permanent branch of the Petersburg Verification Chamber of Weights and Measures.
The work of this institution was limited to the verification of weights, weights, measures of length and volume.
In 1926, the Vitebsk branch joins the Belarusian Chamber of Weights and Measures, created in 1922.
Information about the work of verifiers in Polotsk refers to the post-war period. Then, until 1951, the Commissioner of the Committee at the Polotsk Regional Executive Committee Lushnikov G.M. worked in Polotsk.
By order of the Authorized Committee for Measures and Measuring Instruments under the Council of Ministers of the Byelorussian SSR No. 130 dated August 27, 1951, Anna Vasilievna Agafonova was appointed acting as the Authorized Committee for the Polotsk Regional Executive Committee, who had worked since 1938 as the Governor of the Committee for Measures and Measuring Instruments in the Mordovian Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, then he became the sovereign in the city of Velikie Luki, and after the war, in 1950-1951 - the state verifier of the Gomel Department of Measures and Measuring Instruments.
By order of the Chairman of the Committee for Measures and Measuring Instruments under the Council of Ministers of the USSR No. 18 dated 25.01.1952. Agafonova A.V. approved by the Commissioner of the Committee under the Executive Committee of the Polotsk Regional Council of the Byelorussian SSR.
By 1965, technicians Prashkovich D., Gusev A., Klimuk V., Onchurova I. worked together with Agafonova.
The place of work and at the same time A. Agafonova's dwelling was a small house on the outskirts of Polotsk along Leningradskaya Street.
After the formation of the Vitebsk region in 1954, A. Agafonova was appointed a senior technical inspector - head of the Polotsk interdistrict association of the Vitebsk laboratory of state supervision over standards and measuring equipment (Polotsk MPO), and then, until 1969, as a senior engineer at the Polotsk MPO.
In August 1969, according to the order of the Chairman of Gosstandart of the USSR No. 154, the Polotsk interdistrict laboratory of state supervision (Polotsk MLGN) was created, which is engaged in state supervision of standards and measuring equipment.
The enterprise consisted of 14 people, united in 4 groups: a group of state supervision over the observance and implementation of standards and product quality, a group of state supervision over measuring equipment, a group of mechanical and linear-angular measurements, a group of electro-thermal and physical-chemical measurements. Efim Izrailovich Gitlevich, who had previously worked in the Orsha MLGN, was appointed the head of the Polotsk MLGN. The laboratory is equipped with high-precision measuring equipment, modern measuring instruments, which makes it possible to successfully solve complex problems of metrological service and standardization.
With the organization of the state supervision group, the list of services provided by the laboratory team is expanding. Work is being actively carried out to monitor compliance with the requirements of standards and technical conditions, to check the availability and maintenance of regulatory documents, and to strengthen control over product quality.
For their conscientious work to protect society from low-quality goods, work to ensure the verification of instruments and equipment, the team repeatedly takes first places among the enterprises of the Vitebsk region.
In May 1976, the laboratory is located in a capital renovated building in the city of Polotsk on Lenin Street
The increase in the area of the laboratory made it possible to rationally place and use the necessary equipment.
To assist enterprises in the region, laboratory staff organize regular consultations on standardization, metrology and an integrated quality management system.
October 1, 1988 The Polotsk MLGN was reorganized into the Polotsk Center for Standardization and Metrology (Polotsk CSM). In the same year, two departments of verification - the department of mechanical and linear-angular measurements and the department of electro-thermal and physical-chemical measurements - were merged into the department of state verification and metrological certification of measuring instruments. Veretenok Rimma Ivanovna was appointed the head of the department.
In 1991, a testing laboratory for food and agricultural products was created under the sector of state supervision of standards and measuring instruments. Rud Tatyana Anatolyevna was appointed as the leading engineer. For a whole year, equipment was purchased, premises were prepared, personnel were selected. In October 1992, the first test report was issued.
In pursuance of the order of the State Standard "On the introduction of mandatory certification of consumer goods, works and services" in October 1993, the sector of state supervision over standards and product quality was instructed to carry out state supervision over certified goods.
The expansion of the company's functions is accompanied by an increase in the staff. The center becomes cramped in a house on Lenin street, 6, and the center's staff moves to the premises rented from the Izmeritel plant. The head of the enterprise at this time (1994-1995) Kovalenko I.D.
In 1995, E.N. Ushanov was appointed director of the Polotsk FMC. At the same time, he is appointed the Chief State Inspector of the Vitebsk Region for the supervision of standards and measuring instruments.
In the same year, the testing laboratory emerged as an independent structural unit. Rud Tatyana Anatolyevna was appointed the head of the laboratory. The laboratory staff consisted of 6 people.
1996 was a very significant year for the employees of the Center. The laboratory of food and agricultural products was accredited for compliance with STB ISO / IEC 17025. The department for state verification and metrological certification of measuring instruments was accredited for the right to state verification of measuring instruments.
In April 1997, the sector for certification of food and agricultural products was separated as an independent subdivision. In 2000, it was already a department for certification of products, services and quality systems. Olga Antonovna Klemyato was appointed head of the department.
In April 2001, the Polotsk CSM received a certificate from the State Standard of the Republic of Belarus for the right to officially disseminate technical normative legal acts (TNLA).
September 10, 2001 Polotsk CSM was renamed into the Republican Unitary Enterprise "Polotsk Center for Standardization, Metrology and Certification" (RUE "Polotsk CSMS")
In 2002, the information and computer sector was allocated, which is engaged in maintaining the fund of the TNLA Center, ensuring the uninterrupted operation of computer equipment, and performing work on information support.
In 2007, Vladislav Evgenievich Vysotsky was appointed director of the Polotsk CSMS RUE. Under his leadership, work on the reconstruction of the building occupied by the Center intensified, and the repair of offices and laboratories began.
In the same year, the Center was accredited as a certification body for quality management systems, food quality management systems based on HACCP principles, and labor protection management systems.
Marina Stanislavovna Andilevko is appointed the head of the certification department.
In December, the laboratory for testing food and agricultural products was renamed into the testing department.
In February 2009, the department of state verification and metrological certification of measuring instruments was accredited for the right to calibrate measuring instruments.
Since April 2009, Valery Vasilievich Palidovets has been appointed to the position of director.
In December, a metrological service was created, consisting of two departments - the department of electromagnetic and thermal engineering measurements under the leadership of Natalia Egorovna Nikolaeva and the department of mechanical and linear-angular measurements under the leadership of Irina Vladimirovna Khovrikova. The metrological service was headed by the deputy director - head of the metrological service Alexander Nikolayevich Shestakov.
The reconstruction and repair of the building and offices has been completed, new equipment, furniture, office equipment are being purchased, and the computer base is constantly being updated and replenished. The territory surrounding the Center has been improved.
Today RUE "Polotsk CSMS" is a modern diversified enterprise, staffed by qualified specialists, equipped with high-precision testing, calibration and analytical equipment.
The main task of the Center's staff is to ensure the implementation of a unified state policy in the field of technical regulation, standardization, metrology, conformity assessment and quality management.
The main goal is high-quality and prompt provision of services to customers in accordance with the current legislation and the requirements of technical regulatory legal acts.